A few people have been struggling to register their votes for us in the Aviva Community Fund. Having been attempting to support some of our members this morning through the process I can see why! But your vote could make all the difference to us getting funding to continue the work the Time Bank does within this community.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help:
- Follow this link to ‘Register and Log In’ by clicking on it using your mouse.
- You can then REGISTER or LOG IN if you already have an account.
- You will be asked to enter your email address, create a password and then give your name and click FINISH
- You will be sent an email to the address you’ve registered with from ‘Do Not Reply Aviva’
- Click the yellow box that say’s ‘Confirm your email address’.
- It will open a brand new page on your internet page asking you to complete your registration.
- Click that you are ‘None Of the above’, say you’re over 18 and that ‘I have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions’
- Click the yellow box ‘Complete my details’
- You will be taken to a page saying ‘Vote now’
- Scroll down to just below the blue panel ‘Voting closes in…’
- ‘Search project titles and organisations’ enter TIME BANK into the box
- ‘Find projects nearest to (location)’ enter SOMERSHAM and pick ‘Somersham United Kingdom’
- Click the yellow box with a Magnifying Glass
- Click on our photo to take you to our page
- Click the add button until it says ’10’
- Finally click on the yellow box ‘Submit votes’
Phew! Done! If you get to this stage, THANK YOU!!
Changing Lives are holding a lovely event next week, a Creative Coffee Morning. The activities will be run by Doddington based artist Syrah Arnold. Syrah says “It’s the creative journey that matters; when people stop worrying about the end result all sorts of wonderful things start to happen! I have worked with so many people who think at first that they cannot draw or paint, and then they come to realise that once they let go of their fears around their expectations and that dreaded word ‘ART’, they are able to relax and have fun playing with materials. Every time without fail participants go away surprised at what they are capable of. All it takes is the act of having fun and tapping into that inner child, and then non-artist adults will discover that actually they too are creative!”
The event is on Tuesday 21st November at 10am at the Millennium Pavilion, The Trundle, Somersham, PE28 3JS and is open to anyone living in Somersham, Colne, Bluntisham, Earith, Pidley, Warboys, Broughton, Old Hurst and Woodhurst.
Please share details of this event to anyone you know who would like to get out and try something new. The session costs just £3 and transport can be provided. Pleas call 01487 841359 for more information.
We are really excited to have got through to the second round of the Aviva Community Fund application. We have joined forces with the wonderful Houghton & Wyton Time Bank to launch Hunts Timebanking Partnership. The fund will be used to help us to continue the great work going on across these communities by creating social opportunities and links through sharing time.
How can you help? It’s easy! We’re not asking for donations of money, but 5 minutes of your time to vote for our project. Just follow the link below and by doing this you could be helping someone to become less isolated and feel more supported in the place that they live.
To vote follow this link: https://community-fund.aviva.co.uk/voting/project/view/17-2230
Parkhall Surgery Patient Participation Group – Carers’ get together 10:30 a.m. Millennium Pavilion Monday 30th October.
Helpful advice from the Carers’ Trust. News on the Changing Lives programme, the Time Bank and demonstration of how to exercise effectively at home.
If you don’t have much time to exercise because of your caring responsibilities for family members or friends come along and get some help. Refreshments provided.
I am delighted to say the Time Bank in Somersham and Pidley has reached it’s 6th birthday! We have achieved so much over the past 6 years and have welcomed over 180 members during this time. A few have come and gone, but each person has had an impact on this great community. We are celebrating with a Family Quiz Night next month. You can book your place by calling 01487 841359 or emailing email@example.com.
A reminder that there will be no Seated Exercise class this week, but Becky will be back next Tuesday (17th Oct) at 2pm at the Millennium Pavilion.
All other sessions will be on as normal:
Sam’s Nordic Walking Thursday at 10am meeting at the Millennium Pavilion.
‘Into the Woods‘ Friday at 10am meeting at the Springfield entrance to the Lake.
If you need transport to get to any of these sessions or would like more information, contact us on 01487 841359.